Why a Hotel Venue Is the Right Choice for Your Wedding
Weddings are joyful and celebratory occasions, but the months leading up to them are often stressful for the couple planning it. Learning how to pick a venue for the wedding takes a significant amount of research and time. You’ll need to consider a full range of variables and options to make an informed decision, but if you perform your due diligence, you’re sure to end up with a gorgeous wedding venue.
What to Consider When Choosing a Wedding Venue
There are approximately 2.2 million marriages in the United States per year, and each is unique, mainly because of the location. Deciding how to choose the right venue for a wedding is a complicated process. Settling on a place to host your ceremony is one of the first decisions a couple makes in the planning process, so many of the other choices revolve around it. It puts a tremendous amount of pressure on this choice, leaving many couples stressed and confused.
To help ease the process, here’s a list of some factors to consider when choosing a venue.
The desired size of your wedding and guest list will be one of the most crucial factors to consider when selecting a venue. If you pick a venue that’s too small, your guests won’t be able to move around and dance freely. But, if your wedding location is too large, you’ll pay for space you don’t need, and the venue will feel empty. Some wedding venues, like hotels, will know exactly how many people they can accommodate, but you’ll have to guess if you choose a nontraditional space.
The venue plays a significant role in a wedding’s ambiance. It can make your wedding feel romantic, modern, antique or whichever mood you’re trying to create. Generally, you want to make sure the vibe of the venue matches that of the wedding. If you’re having a modern wedding in an ancient castle or a formal wedding in a pub, the atmosphere will confuse your guests and throw off the mood.
Food and Drink
A fantastic food and drink vendor can help bring your wedding to the next level. However, you need to consider what food and drink services you’re looking for when choosing a venue. Some venues, like hotels, typically offer package deals that include food and drink services when you book. However, some other places don’t include these services, so you’ll need to account for that in your budget.
Amenities and Services
When you’re considering a venue, be sure to find out what, if anything, comes with the space. Does it provide linens, chairs and tables? Will you need to hire staff? Is there a place for the wedding party to get dressed? If it’s an outdoor space, is there a backup plan in case of bad weather?
If you want a particular type of music for your wedding, you’ll need to make sure the venue can accommodate the sound needs. Most places can host a DJ, but if you’re planning on hiring a 10-piece band, you’ll need to make sure the venue has the proper space and equipment to accommodate it.
Planning your wedding is a complicated process, so you should make sure your venue fits with any pre-existing plans. If you don’t have a wedding planner, some locations, like hotels, have in-house planners who can help. Since they already have experience planning weddings at that particular venue, you can be sure they’ll organize a beautiful event.
Why Select a Hotel Wedding Venue?
It can be challenging to know how to choose the right wedding venue. Hotels are one of the most common choices because of their convenience and beauty. Here are a few reasons a hotel might be a perfect place to host your wedding.
- All-in-one venue: When you have your wedding at a hotel, you don’t only get a beautiful place to celebrate with your loved ones. While every hotel is different, most include other amenities and services, like food, drinks, staff, tables, linens, guest accommodations, in-house planners and much more. Since the hotel deals with all these extra steps, you and your partner will feel less stressed in the months leading up to your big day.
- Location and scenery: Whether you choose a hotel in a bustling part of downtown or the middle of the country, it’s sure to be in a fantastic location. Hotels are luxurious, beautiful places for their guests to enjoy. If you choose a hotel in a secluded area, whether it’s on a farm, in the woods or on a hilltop, you’re guaranteed a gorgeous view as you say your vows. If you choose a hotel in a busy town, you can comfortably accommodate your guests and have access to all the perks a city has to offer.
- Accommodations: When you book a hotel for your wedding venue, you don’t have to worry about your guests finding a place to stay. If the hotel has a large enough capacity, your guests can all be in one place. You won’t have to worry about anyone being late or dealing with transportation. Your guests will also be grateful they don’t have to travel far during the wedding.
- Parking: Most hotels have large parking lots, so you won’t have to worry about finding space for every guest’s car. It’s especially helpful in cities that don’t have public transportation or easy access to taxis. It might seem like a minor factor, but it’s one less thing you’ll need to worry about.
- Reception: The reception is the most fun part of the wedding, so you’ll want to make sure you have it in a great location. Most hotels have halls and grand ballrooms that are perfect places to hold receptions of any size. Since they are a common location for wedding receptions, the hotel will know how to guide you in making decisions about the guest list, decor, menu and much more.
- Brunch: Long after everyone has danced the night away at the reception, the celebration continues with a delicious brunch the next day. When you have your wedding at a hotel, you don’t have to travel to a restaurant for your post-reception brunch. All you’ll have to do is roll out of bed with your new spouse and meet your friends and family in the hotel restaurant.
Book Your Wedding at Glidden House Today!
Why is the venue important? Is it because it provides atmosphere or shelter from bad weather?
Choosing the perfect wedding venue is vital because it’s the place you’ll spend the first day of the rest of your life with your partner. To make your wedding day special, be sure to book Glidden House.
Glidden House is a historic boutique hotel in Cleveland, Ohio, that once stood as a stunning mansion. The French Gothic design offers an ideal atmosphere for a romantic and elegant wedding. From our luxury guest suites to our 2,600-square-foot Juniper Room, you’ll find everything you need for your big day.
Book the Glidden House for your wedding today!