Cleveland is Ohio’s second largest city and a hub of culture, education, medicine and diversity. If you’re our guest at the Glidden House, we hope you have the time to explore this exciting city with its world-class museums, unique attractions, and beautiful parks and green spaces.
While we’re proudly located in University Circle, which is one of the city’s most famous urban districts, you may wish to venture past our one square mile. Whether you’re traveling with your spouse for a romantic, anniversary getaway or you want to discover the city’s best attractions, here are the top things to do and see in Cleveland outside of University Circle.
1. Visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
No matter what kind of music floats your boat, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a must-see. This popular attraction has been drawing visitors far and wide for more than 20 years. Trace the history of rock and roll music and learn about rock music gods and legends through seven floors of engaging exhibits. You’re sure to love this fully immersive musical experience.
2. Catch a Game at Progressive Field
Home to the Cleveland Indians, this world-class baseball facility is an intimate environment where you and your friends can grab a cold one and enjoy America’s favorite pastime. Purchase tickets for a game or get a behind-the-scenes look by scheduling your tour to see the dugouts, batting cages, party suites and more.
3. Live the Outdoor Life in Cleveland Metroparks
Spread over 23,000 acres, Cleveland Metroparks has more to offer than you can imagine. Enjoy picturesque sunrises over Lake Erie or plan a day of hiking through the woodlands. Walk on the wild side at the Metroparks Zoo, where you can see animals from across the globe. From recreation to educational opportunities to fun special events, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
4. Explore Downtown Cleveland
Downtown Cleveland sits at the center of incredible attractions, delectable eateries and exciting entertainment all year round. Downtown’s North Coast Harbor district features more than the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Be sure to hit up its other attractions as well, such as:
- Steamship William G. Mather Maritime Museum
- Great Lakes Science Center
- USS Cod Submarine Memorial
This area also features world-class entertainment at the House of Blues and incredible theater performances in Playhouse Square. Enjoy views of Lake Erie and unique landscaping as you stroll through Voinovich Bicentennial Park. As the sun sets, be sure to make your way to the one-of-a-kind restaurants that abound. Your taste buds will thank you.
5. Check out Cleveland’s Most Popular Neighborhoods
Cleveland is full of unique neighborhoods that offer plenty to do, such as:
- Little Italy: Enjoy authentic Italian food at the old-school cafes, pizzerias, and restaurants along Mayfield Road, the main strip of Cleveland’s Little Italy.
- Tremont: This artsy, upscale neighborhood in Cleveland is home to gorgeous Victorian homes, hip art galleries, edgy boutiques, chic coffee shops, and gourmet sandwich bars.
- Ohio City: Spend your day along West 25th Street in Cleveland’s Ohio City neighborhood to enjoy trendy beer gardens, vegan bistros, and high-end farm-to-table restaurants and cocktail bars.
Enjoy All of Cleveland During Your Stay at the Glidden House
Whether you’re in town to experience the excitement of University Circle or you wish to explore everything greater Cleveland has to offer, you’ll need a comfortable place to lay your head and rest your feet.
The Glidden House is a unique boutique hotel experience. Formerly the residence of the illustrious Glidden family, this converted mansion offers historic charm blended perfectly with modern amenities and comforts. Our friendly staff will ensure you enjoy world-class hospitality throughout your stay.
Start planning your visit to Cleveland by reserving your room or suite at the Glidden House.