When you live in the Midwest where summers can be hot and humid and winters can be bone-chillingly cold and snowy, what do you do in such extreme weather for fun and entertainment? Well, people of Ohio rally behind their professional, college and high school sports teams by dressing appropriately, attending games and cheering for their favorite team.
Whether you are a true die-hard fan or just want to experience being a spectator at a professional venue while staying at the Glidden House Hotel, Cleveland has no shortage of opportunities to support your team no matter what the season.
Professional Football Teams
Cleveland, Ohio boasts four professional football teams from four different leagues or alliances. Traditionalists recognize the Cleveland Browns from their past and present team. They are again representing Cleveland in the National Football League. Non-traditionalists can cheer on the other football teams representing Cleveland:
- The Gladiators have played for the Arena Football League since 2010
- The Crush represents the Legends Football League and has been in Cleveland since 2011
- The Fusion is an all-women’s team playing for the Women’s Football Alliance since 2002
Professional Sports Teams
- Baseball fans can see the Cleveland Indians from the Central Division of the American League play at what is now called Progressive Field.
- Basketball fans should head to the Quicken Loans Arena when the Cavaliers are in town to be a spectator for a rousing game of hoops. Or see a college game when either the Cleveland State Vikings or Case Western Reserve University Spartans are in town.
- The Lake Erie Monsters tear up the ice as Cleveland’s home hockey team.
- Catch the fast action of soccer with the Cleveland Freeze.
No matter the season or the weather, true sports fans don’t let such menial things get in their way of supporting their home teams. Join us in the fun!